If your relatives or friends have been arrested for immigration reasons, you would need to get an immigration bond to release the person from custody until his court appearance. Many people get confused and concerned about the immigration bail bond procedures, but Angels Bail Bonds can help you through the process by clearing up all your doubts. The organization responsible for arresting foreign nationals is the U.S Immigration, and Customs Enforcement (ICE).
There are four types of immigration bonds for illegal aliens in ICE custody:
- Delivery Bond: The detainee will be released on a delivery bond once he had received an arrest warrant of custody conditions from ICE. The main objective of it is to ensure that the person will show up to all immigration hearings. It allows the person to spend more time with his family and to receive the assessment from an immigration lawyer.
- Voluntary departure bond: In some cases, they give immigrants the option to leave the country voluntarily for a certain limited period.
- Public safety bond: This is designed to ensure that the government will be reimbursed if a bonded client acquires any form of public assistance.
- Order of supervision bond: This ensures that the individual fulfills all of the conditions of the supervision order and surrenders for removal.
How much do immigration bonds cost?
An immigration judge or ICE will set the bond amount, and it will decrease or increase depending on different aspects, such as the person´s immigration status, employment situation, criminal history among other factors. Usually, the minimum amount of delivery bond is $1,500, and it can increase to $10,000 once again, depending on the detainee´s risk factors. The minimum for departure bonds is $500.
How can I obtain an immigration bond?
there are two forms to pay for an immigration bond:
- Surety bond: Is defined as a three-party arrangement that legally binds together an obligee who requires the bond, the principal that needs the bond, and a surety company that sells the bond. This bond guarantees that the individual will perform following certain laws.
- Cash Bond: The detainee´s family or friends can pay the bond directly to the company they are hiring to release him/her. The money will be refunded once the detainee has attended all hearings in immigration court.
It is important to know that an immigration bail bond doesn´t relieve the non-citizen for their actions. There is a major chance that the none-citizen will be deported from the country they entered illegally. The bond allows the alien to stay with their relatives, continue working and also seeks for legal help to obtain and arrange any missing documents for their case. Immigration cases can take several months to solve those types of situations. Once you paid the bond, it is important to considerate that you are not safe yet until you attend all the scheduled immigration hearings and meetings. Here is a video for you to know more about immigration bail bonds and all that it implies.